Skip to content
- Twenty-seven years management experience across the public and private sectors including strategic, operational and change management roles within commercial and educational organisations.
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute.
- Over twenty years of governance experience in secondary and special schools.
- A National Leader of Governance
- Principal of Winstanley College since 2013
- After graduating from Oxford, she began her teaching career teaching English to refugees in Sudan
- 30 years’ experience working in secondary and sixth form education across the North of England. She believes passionately that education is about giving young people the opportunity to succeed so that they can live their best life.
- Director of Education and Early Years and Deputy Director of Children’s Services for Trafford Council until her retirement in 2012
- Between 2012 and 2016 she was the Operational Director of By Schools for Schools which was subsumed into the GM Learning Partnership at the beginning of the academic year 2016-17
- Chairs the Greater Manchester Learning Partnership, which brings together all the key education bodies (Teaching schools, Local Authorities, Dioceses, RSC, governor representatives) into a coherent strategic partnership to improve outcomes for the children and young people of Greater Manchester
- Chair of the Trafford MBC Fostering Panel and works in a voluntary capacity as Chair of Governors at Manchester Academy and St Augustine’s CE school in Salford.