Skip to content
- Twenty-seven years management experience across the public and private sectors including strategic, operational and change management roles within commercial and educational organisations.
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute.
- Over twenty years of governance experience in secondary and special schools.
- A National Leader of Governance
- Fourteen years of governance experience in secondary and AP.
- Finance and accounting background, having worked as an Accounts Manager/Credit Controller in the Insurance Broking market for sixteen years.
- Between 2007 and 2017 Alison was a director and the company secretary of the Western Skills Centre, an AP provider for vocational education in trade skills for 14-16 year olds.
- One of the original signatories to the Articles of Association and was the founding Chief Executive Officer of the Rowan Learning Trust until his retirement in April 2018.
- A National Leader of Education (NLE) having been a headteacher and then executive headteacher for over fourteen years.
- Extensive experience in system Leadership where he has provided support for over forty school Headteachers.
- Member of The DfE Secondary Headteacher Reference Group, until his retirement.
- Previously a member of the Headteacher Board for the Lancashire and West Yorkshire Regional Schools Commissioner.
- Principal of Winstanley College since 2013
- After graduating from Oxford, she began her teaching career teaching English to refugees in Sudan
- 30 years’ experience working in secondary and sixth form education across the North of England. She believes passionately that education is about giving young people the opportunity to succeed so that they can live their best life.
- Director of Education and Early Years and Deputy Director of Children’s Services for Trafford Council until her retirement in 2012
- Between 2012 and 2016 she was the Operational Director of By Schools for Schools which was subsumed into the GM Learning Partnership at the beginning of the academic year 2016-17
- Chairs the Greater Manchester Learning Partnership, which brings together all the key education bodies (Teaching schools, Local Authorities, Dioceses, RSC, governor representatives) into a coherent strategic partnership to improve outcomes for the children and young people of Greater Manchester
- Chair of the Trafford MBC Fostering Panel and works in a voluntary capacity as Chair of Governors at Manchester Academy and St Augustine’s CE school in Salford.